Our private tours of France were born out of a personal love of the country and a knowledge developed over many years of visiting there for family holidays.
Dr Mike Davies, the owner and operator of Dragon Tours, is based in Wales but has visited France since he was a young boy and continues to visit there for family trips, tending to head for Provence and the Riviera in the summer and the French Alps for skiing in the winter.
When Mike started getting requests from clients to take them to France, it was certainly no hardship to add this country to the list of those visited by Dragon Tours!
Our small group private tours are an ideal way to explore France.
We can visit the big attractions but also take you to out-of-the-way places that the larger tour buses can’t get to.
Contact us for bookings and for more information on our tours of France.
We can arrange visits to any of the many regions of France. Some popular choices include:
Tours of the Rhône Valley, Provence and the French Riviera
This is a beautiful wine region with wonderful Roman and medieval history and monuments.
Mike is something of an expert in the wines of this region and has written a regular wine column for a popular magazine.
When visiting this area, opportunities for vineyard tours and wine tastings are never far away. Other attractions include:
- The Roman theatre at Orange
- The Papal Palace at Avignon
- Pont du Gard Roman aqueduct
- Amazing hilltop towns
- Nyons (the olive oil capital of France)
- The beaches and elegant resorts of the French Riviera (Cannes, Antibes, Nice, Monaco, Saint Tropez)
Tours of Brittany
Brittany is a Celtic land that shares much of its culture and language with Wales and Cornwall.
It’s fascinating to combine a visit to Brittany with a tour of Wales and Cornwall as the connections are obvious.
The landscape is littered with prehistoric monuments and place names that look very familiar to someone from Wales.
Brittany has a beautiful coastline and wonderful seafood.
Tours of Normandy
Normandy borders Brittany and it’s easy to combine a tour of these lovely regions. The many attractions of Normandy include:
- The Normandy beaches (Normandy has an incredible number of sites associated with WWII and the D-Day landings)
- Mont Saint-Michel
- The Bayeaux Tapestry
- Rouen Cathedral
- Historic Caen
Other popular attractions available on a private tour of France
- Medieval cathedrals such as Chartres, Reims, Troyes, Le Mans
- Medieval towns such as Sarlat and Carcassonne
- The Loire valley (beautiful chateaux and the amazing Abbaye de Fontevraud, burial place of the Plantagenets)
- The Dordogne (spectacular river valley with incredible geology, prehistoric caves and medieval chateaux)
- The wine regions of Burgundy, Bordeaux, Rhône, Loire, Alsace and Champagne
Flexible tours of France
As with all our private tours, we can tailor-make a tour of France to your precise requirements – just let us know what you want.
Please contact us for more information on our private tours of France.